Credit by College Level Examination Program (CLEP) Subject Examinations
The awarding of credit under Educational Testing Services ‘s College Level Examination Program (CLEP) is based on scores earned on subject examinations using the scores recommended by the American Council on Education as approved by the faculty. Students must submit official test scores to receive credit. The subjects and credits for which students may receive advanced placement credits are available from the Registrar’s Office.
South Louisiana Community College has identified the following guidelines regarding receiving advance credits for CLEP:
1. Student(s) must meet the minimum score(s) and receive department head’s approval to receive advance credits.
2. All CLEP testing is scheduled through the Admissions/Registrar’s Office. Once the test is completed the student will be notified whether he/she has passed and will be allowed to schedule courses.
3. CLEP Testing must be completed prior to late registration.
4. All fees must be paid in full before testing can be administered.
5. Student(s) must present two forms of identification before testing begins.
6. No more than two exams may be taken on each test administration date.
7. Student may retake an exam after six months.
|Testing Information||Instructions for Candidates|
|Testing Services||Testing for Military Personnel and Veterans|
|Testing Policies||Registration Form|